Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Singapore 360: New Blogging Rules

Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I used too and so I have to take some steps to keep this blog going. I need to focus on more important stuff, part of which also has to do with keeping my writing going.

Hence, my three new rules for this blog:
1. There should be one post each day.
2. The post should contain at least one photo.
3. The post should not take more than 15 minutes to create.

I'll still create longer posts when I have more time but as a general rule, I should stick to one, short post on a daily basis.

Why 360? Because there are 365 days in a year and I don't want to name it with that number as part of the title because there are too many of that already out there. Also, I want to give a 360° view of Singapore. I intend to go to places that are not popular tourists spots, giving a glimpse of the other aspects of daily Singapore life. Well, it's not going to be exclusively about Singapore, so stay tuned.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

It's hard to keep a blog completely focused.

Good luck with trying to strike a balance.

 
At August 7, 2009 at 2:05 AM , Blogger Singapore Fountain Pen said...

I might as well just really keep the posts short then.

Sometimes I wonder why I had to settle for this long URL. Oh well...

 
At August 7, 2009 at 3:29 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

In my experience, the shorter and more to the point a post is, the more likely a reader (especially a new one) is to finish it.

Unfortunately that doesn't often work out in my favor, because I sometimes go off on rants, or start telling stories that are really quite long.

As for blog URLs, all the good ones are usually taken!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home