Monday, August 10, 2009

Singapore 360 - Day 5: A Funnel-Shaped Building

I've come across this unique structure several times before, on my way to Bedok Reservoir or Sengkang. I thought it would be great to take a photo and post it here. It's located somewhere along Old Tampines Road.

I've traced the exact location in Google Maps:


View Larger Map

I'd describe it to others as funnel-shaped or UFO-like in the hope of finding out the building's name or the purpose it serves. I haven't still, so if you know, post a comment and share what you know.

While I did get a few shots, I couldn't help but think they would've been nicer it weren't so dark and rainy that day. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for these, at least for now.


***

The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland)

While searching the Web for the name of the structure, I came across this page: 50 Strange Buildings of the World. They did a great job collating these photos and providing some info. The photo above is number one on their list.

Part 2 of their post is here, and here is one photo from there:

Office center “1000″ a.k.a. Banknote (Kaunas, Lithuania)

***

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2009 at 2:57 AM , Blogger Brad Farless said...

I've seen these buildings before and thought they were pretty interesting. I always wondered what they were used for.

As for that post you mentioned, I've read that before too. I had a kick for a while for looking at odd buildings all over the world and it's given me some ideas for a "dream house" I'd like to have built one day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home